Donate To BxW
Your donation through this portal will exclusively benefit the Built by Women initiative, driving our communication and event costs, among others, for this program.
What is Built by Women (BxW)? BxW is a social and educational initiative, celebrating women’s contributions to the built environment. In addition to recognizing and supporting the diverse women working in these professions, BxW provides strong role models and mentors for both current professionals and students. Why is BxW Important? Increasing the number of women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Mathematics is critical to our country’s ability to compete globally. Teams that reflect diverse skills, backgrounds and gender identities, achieve greater innovation, leading to increased economic growth. Women are underrepresented in the building professions: architecture (15–18%), engineering (4.5–13.7%) and construction (2.6%). Built by Women’s goal is to change this. How Does BxW Work?
- A community gathers and submits its best women-built sites
- We gather an expert jury that selects the winners
- A major exhibition is held in the competition site for winners, participants and the community
BxW NYC Launches!About Built By Women New York City The Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation received grants fro...
BxW NYC Winners AnnouncedWinning Sites Built by Women New York City Arranged by category and name. Civic Department of ...
BxW DC Nominations Now Open!BWAF is thrilled to announce the opening of their crowd-sourced nomination form for Built by Women ...
BxW DC Winners AnnouncedAfter a long jury selection process, our distinguished jury culled through over 110 unique nominatio...
View Pictures From Built By Women DC At The National Building MuseumPictures from this incredible night are now available on our Facebook page. Tag yourselves and yo...
How can you help?
- $10,000 Steel Sponsor Your company’s name and logo on will be featured on all BxW DC promotional printed materials and web content as a general competition sponsor, including those associated with an event at the National Building Museum in March 2016, plus all benefits listed below.
- $5,000 Stone Sponsor Your company’s logo will be prominently displayed on BxW DC webpage, plus all benefits listed below.
- $2,500 Brick Sponsor Your company’s logo will be prominently displayed at exclusive event celebrating BxW DC winning site leaders, on materials at March 2016 National Building Museum event, plus all benefits listed below.
- $1,000 Concrete Sponsor Your company’s logo will be displayed at exclusive event celebrating winning site leaders and on BxW DC webpage, plus the benefit listed below. *Concrete Sponsors will be specially noted at the event as sponsors of Winning Site Certificates.
- $500 Timber Sponsor Your company’s name will be listed on the BxW DC website under contributors.