Director of Sponsorship and Engagement
Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation is a small non-profit dedicated to changing the culture of the architecture, engineering, and building professions to support, retain, and promote women. We accomplish our mission through national high-profile initiatives, such as Built by Women programs, maps, exhibitions, website archives, including the award winning “Pioneering Women of American Architecture,” recognition awards at an annual gala, a newsletter, and invitation-only high level retreats. You can learn more about our organization by visiting www.bwaf.org.
Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation seeks a focused development professional to spearhead outreach for corporate and professional sponsorship from the national building industry community. These diverse sponsors may range from professional service firms to building materials manufacturers. The benefit to sponsors is alignment with our mission, and privileged access to an audience of professionals who specify materials, consultant firms, and build the cities and towns that we all live in. In addition, we are aligned with current scholarship in the fields of architectural history, the history of women and minorities, and the history of the professions.
- This position will work closely with the Executive Director and the Communications Coordinator to develop and implement a sponsorship strategy to engage a wide range of possible sources of support.
- In addition, you’ll be tasked to develop a business plan for the Boards review, on expanding our national audience. This plan will bring awareness to an organization, whose mission it is to advance the knowledge and recognition of women’s contributions to architecture.
- There will be a number of components that will lead to the success of this position:
- Identifying potential prospects, utilizing sales, marketing and networking skills
- Executing proposals, differentiating us with a creative innovative style
- Fostering personal engagement with Board and prospects.
- Maintain all sponsorship related records in the BWAF database, including constituent records, gift and proposal entries, submissions, and crediting information.
- Develop, research, and investigate new prospects for sponsorship of programmatic activities, websites, and publications.
- Write copy for sponsorship campaigns, and promotional materials.
- Update and maintain files of fundraising materials including current budgets, IRS letters, audited financial statements, and information packets.
- Cultivate relationships with donors, public officials, businesses and other cultural and professional organizations where Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation has shared mission activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field—architecture, building science, urban history/planning, architectural history.
- Equivalent work experience in non-profit organizations, or advocacy organizations focusing on women’s professional development. Including experience in corporate solicitation, ideally in the building industry or construction fields.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills required.
- Warm, engaging personality, and willingness to cold call.
- Ability to think creatively, synthesize information effectively, and tailor presentations to appeal to a broad spectrum of funder interests.
- Knowledge of New York City architecture, real estate, and construction industry.
- Ability to meet deadlines and willingness to push limits.
Please submit cover letter in the body of an email and resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place your last name-first name in the subject line of the email. Please follow submission instructions.